The aim of the project is the experimental development of air-conditioning technologies for application in mattresses and upholstered furniture, using new materials and production techniques.
• Study and analyse the different technologies and research on air conditioning systems for their implementation in flexible and breathable surfaces applicable to upholstered furniture.
• To develop air conditioning systems on textile substrates (flexible and breathable) for their integration in different types of upholstered furniture and mattresses.
• Development of control electronics for air-conditioning systems.
• Develop and design new upholstered furniture structures with integrated air-conditioning systems, maintaining the existing conditions of comfort and convenience. Optimise assembly and integration techniques.
• Create prototypes to assess technological feasibility.
Prototypes of air-conditioning systems based on Peltier cells with air and water heat/cooling transmission.
Development of a multilayer structure integrated in the mattress for heat/cold exchange.
Evaluation and testing of a prototype air-conditioned mattress.